Monday, August 15, 2011

Nepali language podcasts

I'm compiling this list of Nepali language podcasts available on the internet. Could be good for many purposes, but for me, personally, I'm mainly interested in learning the spoken language, and this is a good way to do it, of course! I learn new words and practice pronounciation. At the same time, it's my chance to keep up with news, cultural issues or whatever we can find Nepali podcasts about. And I'm saying "we", because I hope readers, YOU, will help out and add any link you know to good Nepali language podcast!

So far I haven't found that many, but here's the 'list' of sites with downloadable podcasts:
And I'll also list some video podcasts sites:
  • IRIN (few, but subtitled!)
  • YouTube (there's loads of Nepali on YT, most of it poor quality, esp for learning though)
  •  
    And then there is the Nepali language live broadcasts (online/net radios) as well (not downloadable):

    6 comments:

    1. Also something called the E-Pustakalaya - "an education-focused digital library containing full-text documents, books, images, videos, audio files, and interactive educational software"

      http://pustakalaya.org

      ReplyDelete
    2. and various 'entertainment' nepali style on

      http://www.entertainmentnepal.net

      ReplyDelete
    3. I really like your inspirational outlook - you have motivated me in a deep and sincere way.



      teach yourself nepali

      ReplyDelete
    4. The "bulbul" nepali radio programme in downloadable pdf format:
      hamroawaz.blogspot.de

      ReplyDelete
    5. Very nice! I have started teaching foreigner how to speak Nepali. I will recommend your post to my students!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Bloggers who don’t have time or don’t like to read may prefer to listen to audio content or watch videos. BeyondPod allows you to subscribe, download, listen to audio podcasts and watch video podcasts on-the-go. This app is extremely useful for bloggers who are driving a lot because for them, there is very little reading time.

      ReplyDelete